This is a cake that is rich and decadent. It uses a cake mix, but I tweaked it a bit. It makes 12 servings, but it is so rich you could stretch it to 16 or 24.
1 Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix
semisweet chocolate chips, I used half of a large bag
Vanilla extract, about 1 tsp.
Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Add chips and vanilla. Bake according to directions on box. Let cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
Nestle’s Chocolate Lover’s Icing:
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
BEAT 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in remaining sugar and milk until smooth. Makes 2 cups.